Tuesday, April 19, 2011

CicLAvia 2011

I arrived at my Aunt and Uncle's house on Los Feliz. Since everyone was asleep at the house, I went for a walk by myself.

it's really funny to see these million dollar homes and then look at the pavement and see different colored spray paints.
here's a gate with the early sun coming through.
my aunt set up the table really nice.
we all had fresh tangerine juice.

I had granola.



they made coffee.

this is pretty much what i eat every morning. and i'm not lying. it. is. incredible.

so once we had our hearty breakfast, we were on our way.

this is to show you that I was taking these pictures while riding my bike. I am not an avid bike rider, in fact I never ride my bike. To ride while carrying my heavy 5D Mark ii was kind of a challenge for me. mostly going up hill.






kind of surreal, isn't it?
this is right next to our final destination.
after riding 6 miles one way, then having a beer at the park, then turning around and riding back, we finally arrived at Wurstk├╝che. I looked at the beer menu and they were all German and Belgian names ( I don't actually consider myself much of a beer drinker- besides guinness of course) and I had no idea which beer to order. So, like any frugal American, I ordered the cheapest "beer" that had the highest percentage of alcohol. This is what I ordered. and yes it is as small as it looks. in fact, it was so small that I ordered another beer.

we rode 20-22 miles all together. I got tired towards the end, but it was really fun, and I'm glad I did it. but seriously, next time I'm riding a lighter bike.

1 comment:

kiko said...

what a wonderful photo journal. Love your sense of colors ( Blank & white, included ). Thoroughly enjoyed!