Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cypress College Student Photography Show


I entered ten images into the Cypress College Student Photography Show, and of the ten, five of them were selected. These are the Five images. One of them won honorable mention, which is really exciting (the one in the top right corner). The most exciting part of the entire thing was that I won The Jerry Burchfield Scholarship. Jerry was a teacher of mine and he completely changed how I view art. He really influenced my life greatly. Last year he died from Cancer. It was really sad for the entire department, he really made a difference at Cypress College, and I just felt so lucky to receive this award. I am not the crying type, but when they called my name I was close. I don't think I am the most deserving of it, but I am very grateful to everyone who nominated me. Thank you all.

6 comments:

pinlux said...

Congratulations again! You deserve that scholarship. Jerry would have been so proud of you and everything you've accomplished!

kiko said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. BTW how was JT?

The Mad Hatter said...

That image of the old woman reminds me of my grandmother that passed away this year. The lipstick, jewelery, wrinkles, everything...

Lisa B said...

Great shots and congratulations on the scholarship.

Carly Cram said...

thank you all!

Lara said...

PROUD!