Thursday, November 20, 2008

Their Life.

Well,

Today I started my day off with a movie. The title of this movie is "My Life", a fellow employee, that I share movie interests, told me he thought I'd like this movie. I feel like I am somewhat of a movie snob. I know it sounds pretentious, and in fact, it probably is.

Anyway, I watched this movie, and while I was watching it, my sister, and parents sat down and watched it. I have to admit, I did like this movie. I am a fan of both the stars, Nicole Kidman and Michael Keaton. Together they make a very strong acting team. Their inner monologues were so strong! At times Michael Keaton wouldn't say anything, and i could feel every thought that went through his mind! Keaton tends to rely on his props, and it works every time! He is so realistic, funny, and quite clever. Kidman, in this movie, played a backstage role. What I mean by that is that even though she is a lead character she seemed to distance herself, and she did it in a way that complimented Keaton! This movie seemed to catch me in the beginning, and it played itself out well. A new interesting screenplay, which doesn't come about often enough. I even choked up at the end, which I hardly ever do (with the exceptiong of Bride to Terabithia, and I'm proud of it!). It's a movie like this that makes you think about family, life and death.

I give this movie a 4.5

as for some pictures: Here is a series of pictures I took of my neighbor after the fire.







2 comments:

Jeff said...

I just love how apocalyptic that final picture is, like an image out of Cormac McCarthy's The Road:

"Everything as it once had been save faded and weathered."

Lara said...

4.5/10 or 4.5/5?
There's quite a difference, you know.