Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the apples

Well, I was told by a photographer that I ought to start a blog. I'm sure no good can come of it, and I will eventually stop using it all together, like I always do, but why shan't I?

Now, I plan on posting a picture or video every day! I know that it seems impossible, and I probably wont continue to do it, but I'm going to try!

Here is a little insight about me:

I'm happily married, I have eight kids, I am attending USC, and I am eleven years old. My favorite color is lavender, my favorite drink is ice tea, my favorite disney movie is the Aristacats.

well, I think you know a lot about me now. see you next time!


3 comments:

Jeff said...

I was thinking yesterday about the differences between your photography and my writing.

You use your camera as a medium to capture important events in your life--the pictures are aesthetically beautiful, but also capture something deeper than just the image, literally recording not just the moment but its emotional resonance as well (I think particularly of that picture of yourself you like--the one of your glassy eyes). This picture does that as well, quite beautifully.

Whereas the important moments in my life, or the moments I should be recording my own reaction to events (DFW's death, for instance) I shy away from because I feel that I won't be able to do them justice. And so I miss out on having a recorded expression of that experience. Which is what art is, I think. Wordsworth once called art "emotion recollected in tranquility." And I think he's right. But there's also something to be said about creating from within the eye of the hurricane.

I really admire this about you.

avm0525 said...

A little haunting....impressive.

Luis Munoz-Najar said...

Well it save to say that after a couple of years of the blog you manage to continue to impress people every time, I just went, I met the husband, but where are all the kids?